...and what alice found there

Friday, November 24, 2006

5 things i'm thankful for

i'm just a sucker for the holidays, any holidays, even ones i shouldn't celebrate because neither my cultural background nor my adopted culture even acknowledges. such as Thanksgiving.

so here for this weeks list (on a friday finally)

5 Things I'm Thankful For:

1. this city: my oh my how i love melbourne. there's always too much to do and too little time (and effort) to do them. if only everything opened 24hrs. Even the sydney siders agree that it's a much warmer city (and these are the damn bitches that run NIDA).

2. my age: i've finally made my peace with the big two-one. i feel like i'm settling into a new phase of my life now and time isn't running away from me so much. it's still terribly green, but it sounds like it has lived.

3. my health: all except for that damn kink in my back (i'm getting it sorted out tomorrow) i'm tip top condition. i could probably do with a bit more exercise and less lard but hey, there's always next year.

4. the boy: he has really made this half of the year a much happier time.

5. the people: pulling my head out of my own butt has been really great, i actually made some new friends this year. thanks to all who gave me the time of day and letting me in. that's it. you're stuck. forever. TEEHEE~

i'm sorry that was a shitty list. and corn syruppy. but it's true. new years is happening so soon and i just know it's going to get better. this whole year has been great, i got a bit of my confidence back, i'm reading more, i started talking to people again, there was singapore and all the amazing people i met there and i'm at peace with everything. whatever happens next year, i promise i won't let it slip.

1 comment:

Evolutionary_Ghost said...

yippee! Soppy syrupy posts are always fun!

Glad you're thankful!

I'm just thankful I had the day off sunday and got to go to the beach for the day! Yay and huzzah!

Now that I've done that I have monday off and am completely lost with what I should do with the day...