...and what alice found there

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

mao mao!

I wrote this blog out, pen and paper. that's right, it's been drafted. not that it'll sound it. mainly because the boy has surprised me with some awesome noodler's ink (the junk i've been crapping on about to him for as long as we've been going out, and unavailable in australia apparently). i love that he realises the way into my heart is by geeking it up and ordering in the inky black liquid of gods. it writes amazingly well, and no bleed through even on the thinner 'skine notebook paper. so in those respects i've been a happy chappy.

so what else is new with me eh? well....Drama class is going swimmingly. there's only, well, there's four of us now officially. the two other girls aren't exactly taking it all that seriously, Em's there to learn tricks to teach her kinder garden kids (and boy, don't we know it. shut up about the kids already). and newcomer stutterer (possibly intellectually handicapped) alanah, well, she's possible intellectually handicapped.

the above opinions, although just snarky enough to be my own, are not. no no, these wondrous gems of insight were provided by the i'll-masturbate-in-front-of-tony-knight-if-that's-what-it-takes boy Lachy. i can't imagine it actually working if he wasn't so pretty. He was in my first round of auditions last year, and not too shabby at all. he made it much much further than i did, and for good reason. but all that's beside the point.

but all that leads to my current glum.

i lost my wallet.

fuck. shit. shit. frickin. prick. cunt. piss. fuck. frick.

it could have fallen in one of two places;
the front stoop of the house right next to Lynch's on Domain Rd where we sat to bitch about the other two students last night, or Lachy's car when he offered me a lift home after the bitch fest.

This morning consisted of me going down to ANZ to cancel all my cards, making it to uni for all of an hour and 15 minutes before i ran off in a huff, going to cafe 181 and forking out $25 (which i managed to gather from all the pockets in my moleskine's lying around) for what i ate last night to get my id back (long story, just another thorn in my shit-arse day), then going to ANZ with said id to take out some money to replenish all said moleskine's. am pissed, and i need pizza.

i'm not following my draft of this post at all by the way, since i wrote that last night before i realised i didn't have my wallet with me. and i'm in no mood to wax lyrical on Little Miss Sunshine or David Lynch short films or indeed, the state of uni assessments.

so last week's fives after jump



5 things i'd write with my awesome new set up of fountain pen and noodler's ink:


1. this blog entry draft on my pocket ruled reporter 'skine

2. Essay Plans!!

3. Objectives and given circumstances for all three of my monologues

4. shopping lists and to do lists, to give a sense of formality to all my crummy stabs at productivity

5. a thank-you letter to my boy for this awesome awesome ink. (seriously people, try it out. it almost makes what you're writing worthwhile)

ps/ the title of this entry is a reference to Godard's La Chinoise. no actually, it's mostly a reference to the 60s french pop song featured in Godard's La Chinoise. Claudes Channes' poptastic Mao Mao

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a few things (in list form for productivity's sake):

1. hurry up with the thankyou letter so i don't keep feeling like you want me dead.

2. what's with all the flash on your blog now? it's like a bad day on myspace around here.

3. i don't know if i like you calling whatshisface 'pretty' in such a public way... you know i feel threatened enough as it is (but i perked up for a brief moment when i saw the word 'masturbate').

4. seriously though, i'm really glad you like your ink, even though i'm sure you would wet yourself no matter how it writes. there are a few other colours i want to try next.

5. maybe it's time i bought you a wallet?

6. i'll review david lynch on your behalf: 'wtf?'

7. watch carnivale. all other television pales in comparison. no foolin'.

8. i love you.

over and out.

♠AQ♥ said...

well here's your reply:
(in list too for clarity's sake)

1. no no dead's too strong a word, grievous bodily pain maybe

2. how dare you compare my beauteously fashioned html objects to myspace? i edit the link they give you to provide the least amount of junk possible so peh

3. oh you'd call him pretty too once you've seen him. you'd find him bloggable too, he can be our male scarlett

4. you're probably right, i'd wet myself either way. but ooo colours!!!

5. maybe...maybe...

6. more like just "f"

7. see now you're hyping it up way too much, nothing can live up to that, not even freaks. (one of us! one of us!)

8. right back atcha kiddo

over and out