...and what alice found there

Thursday, October 27, 2005

strange days

i know i promised pictures...but i've been feeling chubby lately and haven't been feeling like taking pictures of my bloated tummy. so here's a compromise. (you can see it! even if it's a minor detail!)



to the news of the day. the curious incidents in the life of alice cont.
i was wondering around david jones. languidly strolling through the cosmetics section before class today listening to consequences - the notwist on loop. out of nowhere a hand comes into my area of vision from behind holding a note. naturally i read it thinking maybe it's some overseas tourist asking for directions. the note read:

"Hi, i'm Sacchrine from the U.S. I find you very beautiful and would like to get to know you better"

i looked up, he was an indian guy with geeky hair and a red plaid shirt. and he continued to introduce himself as if the note was part of our conversation. he asked me where i was from, and told me again that he'd like to get to know me better. i apologised without knowing what for and told him i have to go. he continued to ask me about myself and so i rephrased to i would like to go. you'd think that that would be a flattering experience, it really wasn't. he reminded me strongly of Sameer from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (Straight from the Heart), not the greatest of characters from not the greatest of bollywood films.

i almost had a moment with G. until i had to stop and say hi to Marc and Ohad. believe me, there had been no way possible for me to not say hi without it marring any form of impression he had of me. and i lost my chance.

he's going to a third world country in the holidays. i'm giddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very attractive shot, and don't worry about being `chubby' curves are very good on a girl!

-Drew