...and what alice found there

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

moleskinery


i bought my first moleskine today. pocket, ruled, reporter. it's not entirely beautiful, nor elegant, nor all that practical either (or affordable). but this little black book inspires so much fascination that i feel its status is beyond me. so what on earth do i write in it? my thoughts i keep here on blog. my personal triumphs and losses in my diary on my bedside. my ideas in a cheap little notebook i keep inside my coat pocket. where in my life can i fit in a small, perfectly formed moleskine with a cult following?

everywhere.

i'm going to bring writing back into my world. if hemingway did it this way, least i could do is give it a shot right?

the picture is of andre breton's moleskine as displayed in the library of Paul Eluard, with the ex libris drawn by max ernst

No comments: