...and what alice found there

Thursday, April 12, 2007

strawberry cookie shakes

whenever i have essays due, i become such a geek. i start signing up to things and cleaning up my bookmarks toolbar, and because a productivity guru.

i got Jaiku working today. which pulls things from my twitter, both things i got working with my mobile today. so you can all stalk me, i'll be sure to twitter exactly what i'm doing all the time, and people on jaiku can see it too, jaiku is also pulling my blog posts from here, as well as my flickr photos. my blog posts are also being pulled into my facebook. i also signed up for tumblr for a tumblelog. which i can upload videos i find on to and don't have to burden this blog with crap like that which according to darren is just useless crap anyway. i'll link you once i post something. but since it's a steram of consciousness type low key blog i feel it's probably going to be used a hell of a lot pretty soon. you can check out merlin mann's and also leo laporte's to get an idea of what it'll be like.

Other than that. big news shot through the cultural world today. Kurt Vonnegut died. which is all kinds of sad. i barely got through slaughterhouse 5 (even though it's the shortest book ever) but it was mainly because it was making me uncomfortable. just slightly unsettling. each time a "so it goes" pops up i'd get shivers up my spine. RIP kurt. so it goes

I got a job yesterday. Palace cinemas called me tuesday when i was in the middle of what would probably be the busiest line at a post office counter ever, i was unfortunately at the wrong end of the counter. but i called them back and they told me they were impressed by my resume. but i mean how could they not? they couldn't ask for more experience, or any closer. only problem was that i threw out my last pair of contacts before checking if i had any left and so after a mad scramble looking for the non-existent spare lenses (searching becomes an endlessly more tedious task while half blind) i tried to make myself as presentable as i could imagine without really looking in a mirror and went to an interview staring at the two little black dots on a face which i hoped were his eyes. but the interview was dead easy, i think they gave me the job before i even went in to meet them. they should be giving me a call soon for a first shift, he said probably this weekend just to get things started. i'm so excited. palace como has to be probably the best cinemas ever. and free tickets? say whoa?

i'm pretty screwed for these essays though. the blake class shits me so much that i don't even like to open up the book. there's a lot of work to be done the next few days. i'll try not to twitter or jaiku or tumlelog too much.

speaking of which, i should probably dive right in again.

oh wait! i went and saw The Lives of Others today and it was aaaawesome. incredible story, and the characters are all so great. i WILL definitely review it properly. this one at least. (oh wow....i need to review like 14 movies...)

3 comments:

Timoteo said...

What the hell are you talking about with all this Jaiku, twitter, blah blah Im so confused.

Put me in the jungle for a week and I become a caveman with absolutely no clue of technology. I have obviously fallen behind.

Thanks for reading the post despite your massive essay workload, thats a good effort. Though, if you´re anything like me, you´ll be actively searching for other things to do instead of writing essays. So maybe I did you a favour.

Yes, I realise now that I am going to battle very hard to ease back into normality. The freedom and spur of the moment decision making I have here will be difficult to change. And yes, there a lot of elements of home that Im very much not missing.

Its really fucking hot here, but it seems like I am becoming quite the black man. Slowly but surely.

Good luck with the essays, and the new job, I will be expecting free movies upon my return.

DINNERSUCK said...

If somebody wanted to stalk you (literally, or in benign cyber style) it would be sooo easy. You have such an internet presence that if you disappeared in the material world you'd live on...forever...online.

I finished my Blake on Wednesday, how geeky am I?

Congratulations on your job!

alex said...

No money? said he http://www.facebook.com with a surprised look...