...and what alice found there

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I'm Not There


Cate Dylan is going to rock my world. From the director of Velvet Goldmine (and we all know what a panty creamer that was), comes a poetic retelling of the life of Bob Dylan, played by Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Heath Ledger, Ben Wishaw (the guy from Perfume) and some 11 year old black kid. All as Dylan. Are you kids ready?

In other movie news, not only is Rescue Dawn, the hollywood version of Little Dieter Needs to Fly already completed, according to imdb the release date is set to 6 Sept down over our way. Why herzog would want to make a hollywood version of his own doco is beyond me, but it's by him and starring christian bale so my life is complete.

i need to upload some photos, but not tonight because i just can't be fucked. dean's birthday drinks, jazz's birthday drinks, photos of maya at red door burlesque. The combined efforts of both dean and myself in the camera pimping of maya is getting obscene. but hey, i was never one for holding back.

i have an insane amount of free time on my hands. which would normally be a good thing considering essays being due and all that jazz, but all it ends in is the stereogum mp3 player on the side menu on your left, a comment box on my myspace, and flickr and last.fm goodies on my facebook. oh and buying new lamps from ikea. $15 and standing tall and pretty, you can't go wrong.

***
a life in nicknames. 5 nicknames i've been given throughout my life which they considered endlessly ingenious and i just sat there slightly bemused

1. Bitchy: 1998. Not because i was a bitch, but apparently for two years Barry had been referring to me as Bitchy because he thought it sounded like my chinese name. we were 13, all i could come up for him was the blackberry

2. A-Lice: 1998. Niuniu seriously loved this and used it extensively. Why didn't i fight back goddammit? i mean her name was Niuniu Ma for christ's sake. we did proceed to create the whole Aunty Knickeres, Neice Kickers craze. extention class or no, math was still just plain dull.

3. Queenie/Queenster. 2003. Created to complete the Tregsie, Carilious trio. We were a good team. i miss those days

4. QinE. 2006. While Wenyi was overseas, a love stricken James started im-ing me about how perfect this was. exact quote "it's procrustes' attempt to write Chinny on msn. it's perfect because it's really just your name + extra letter. It even has the australian provincial ring to it"...yes james...

5. Chinny-chin-chin. 2007. while standing around in a circle outside puggs, a slightly tipsy and stoned adam uttered this, which was followed by uncontrollable tipsy and stoned giggling by all, and then hungry jacks. I hate that this can never happen again, and I hate the person who caused this for making it so. Somebody fix this, if only for my purely selfish reasons.

***

3 comments:

The_Divine_Miss_L said...

Yes, Maya wonders if she should feel somewhat violated from all the camera lovin' she has been receiving lately...

...in fact, Maya is now thinking that said cameras should at least buy her a drink and introduce themselves first, before they start trying to probe their lenses into...

...Maya has decided to stop there as essay-writing has turned her mind to filth and she doesn't want to scar any of this blog's younger readers with her obscenely suggestive comments.

M
xoxo

P.S. Maya also wonders why she is commenting in the third person.

Team Tang said...

hey hey,
James was so happy that he got a mention that i believe he has come up with another 'great' nickname for you.
he's not too keen with the phrase 'love stricken' hahaa

talk to u soon!

Anonymous said...

SORRY IF I POSTED THIS TWICE, IT WON'T WORK.

Why do I find that photo of Cate Blanchett as Dylan kind of hot?

Little Dieter? Herzog, you twerp. Every time I see the remake of Breathless at the uni library with Richard Gere I'm tempted to see it just to make myself sick, but I can't...just can't. Don't want to taint Godard.

Do you know when the new Wong Kar-Wai comes out? I am so excited, even if I don't like Nora Jones.

Did you say you saw Paris Je T'aime? Was it good?

I credited you for the video on my Myspace, but as 'Qinny Qin'. Damn. I got it wrong, must go change it.

Don't hate the person for killing the potential for moments like that to happen again. They can still happen without him, there's plenty of political incorrectness amongst us still.

I'm thinking of starting a personal cultural critique blog again, like YRCRITIQUE, except without getting bored and deleting it. Because I've changed and I'm not bored anymore, I'm on fire. Have you ever come across Lacan's concept of jouissance before? Jouissance pretty much sums up my existence. Also, a stranger wrote a really positive response to my post on neu-rave back on my Rebel Screen blog, it renewed my confidence. Aw.

I think I might go to the cinema by myself sometime soon with a coffee and just enjoy my crazy jouissance. Don't worry, I'm at my parent's a few days, looking after myself again, sorry for the crap conversation Monday. I'll be back up there very soon, love love love love love!
- Daphne

P.S Seen the shocking videos yet? There's more of various nonsense in the videos section of my Myspace