...and what alice found there

Sunday, January 07, 2007

summer drive

back from the beach. total sightings of beach? oh, a few glimpses here and there. total amount of time spent on the beach? nudda. the closest we got was the safeway across the street. it was beautiful though. a lot of lying around watching movies we've already seen even though both of us took down a whole bunch of movies we really should be watching. he played a lot of golf, i stayed in and finished reading Perfume. which by the way, the ending blew my mind in more ways i care to share.

he took me driving, it was interesting. i think i like the rolling much better than the accelerate, and the road is preferable to the bushes surrounding the road, i must take a note of that for future references.

i didn't take any pictures for a change, it was much more relaxed than that this time, and we were far too naked for far too much of the time for an actual record of our sojourn.

for now a record of movies that we watched would do: (in place of this week's list)

The Man Who Wasn't There
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Pretty In Pink
Rebecca
Citizen Kane
(half of) Brazil
The Royal Tenenbaums

I've decided to fire up my movies reviews again. once i start going to the cinema that is. i'll try to write a review of every movie i watched in a cinema in 07 as well as going back and reviewing a few old favourites i mention on this thing. i'm sure five movies in i'll give up but i can only dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have barely any credit and meant to leave a Myspace comment about catching up, but my internet is capped and it wouldn't load. So I'm posting it here. Coffee next week?
Wish I was there at the beach with you guys. JUST KIDDING, I'd be a nude third wheel, a truly unsettling thought!!! I just wanted to say that to plant a freaky mental image in your head.
xo

Evolutionary_Ghost said...

I hate beach. I'll keep saying that and maybe eventually I'll believe it, and stop crying that I'm not at the beach!

On the other hand, film's done! At least it looks nice and edits nice. Yoyo likes it but that hardly counts because he just likes looking at himself on screen!

Also, you're giving yourself alot of credit. Personally I'd say 3 movies in you'll give up, and that's being generous [that's mainly becaues I'd get to about two, and then say 'fuck it'!]

But I hope you do do it, then maybe it'll inspire me to finally get cracking on my reviews of DOA, DEBS and Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Well a boy can dream!